Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Do you Soley Own Your Twitter Account?

Do you know if you twitter account have been compromised? Have you checked your tweets lately and suspect tweet that do not belong to you talking about how to engage more followership. It could be in you DM box you sending messages to people to open links to site. Well not much said, you are sharing your twitter account.

I had that problem three weeks back. It even got twitter to suspend my account. I had to write to twitter promising them it would not happen again (avoidable carelessness on my part). I retrieved my account, reset the password but I still discovered I was still sharing. I opened one of the links and found out that it was actually me that allowed them to through this third party authentication apps. So I unsubscribed and voila my twitter account became soley mine once again.

The thing is be careful about who you give authentication to. All these followership of a thing it is not a must you should have a million followers like lady gaga or Beyonce. It does not upgrade your status in short you could loose what you already have in your quest to gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment